In this pilot episode of The Office Hours Podcast, we speak with Cal alumnus, Dan Diaz, about his advocacy for legislation supporting dignified end of life options for the terminally ill.
He has recently passed this legislation in the state of California, and is currently at work to pass this in D.C. , Colorado, and more states across the nation.
In the podcast, we spoke about:
- How Dan and Brittany met at Cal.
- Honeymooning in Patagonia.
- False narratives about medical aid in dying created by the opposition.
- Taking back control from a tumor.
- The need to go to Oregon to receive consultation.
- Growing up Catholic and being an alter boy.
- 44 other states that still do not have favorable legislation toward medical aid in dying.
If you found this episode of the podcast interesting, informative, or enlightening, please show support to Dan's cause by visiting the following sites: